Wednesday, August 25, 2021

Gold Cord Lake

 I think this lake has now become Baby's favorite place. First we tried hiking the Gold Mint Trail.  She would have none of it. She splayed her legs and refused to take a single step up that trail.  It really was the strangest thing.  I really don't know why she suddenly doesn't like that trail. I gave up and drove on up the road and decided to give the Gold Cord Lake Trail a try. She was so excited I could hardly hold onto her leash.  She was racing from side to side trying to chase ground squirrels and marmots and anything else she thought she saw or heard.  I think she ran 3 times the distance I did. I'm wondering if she was trying to relive her little period of freedom the day I had to chase her all over Lane Basin when I let her off her leash.  The terrain on Gold Cord Lake Trail is very similar to Lane Basin.  Tundra with lots of whistling marmots. Baby ran me up to the lake, where it started to rain, then she ran me back down to the car.

Could it be that she didn't like Gold Mint Trail because she knew that farther up the road there was a better trail? Gold Cord or Lane Basin?  Both are up that road.  I'm not sure I want to give her that much credit but she sure preferred hiking up to this lake. I love it too!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment