Monday, August 9, 2021

AKtive Valley Trail Race - August, Settlers Bay Coastal Trail

 This was the last race of the virtual AKtive Valley Trail Race series. The Coastal Trail is a lovely new trail system in the Settlers Bay area right outside of the subdivision. The park isn't quite complete yet but the main trails are very nice.  I asked my friend Mark to come along since this course was fairly short and I knew the trail was basically flat, rather than up a mountain like last moth's Blueberry Knoll trek. Of course I had Baby, my chihuahua on the leash as usual.  We did encounter one very large moose cow guarding her calf, just off the trail.  She didn't looked pleased with us or the large barking dog that had just headed towards her.  Baby barked once, then we moved quickly past her. I picked up my nice little medal at the AKtive Soles shoe store. I'm glad I did these little events.  I learned a couple of new trails and revisited a couple very familiar ones. 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment