Sunday, June 6, 2021

Matanuska Lake Long Lake Loop

 Taking a break from tons of yard work, I hiked the Long Lake Loop on the Matanuska Lake trail system with Pam and our dogs.  It was surprisingly quiet for a beautiful Sunday. For the most part, we had the whole trail to ourselves.  I felt safe letting Baby be off her leash for most of the way.  I was happy that she stayed right with me.  It's almost as if she feels safer on the leash because she seemed to cling to my heels.  I think she is still not totally comfortable with the other two dogs.  But at least she's not barking at them or growling like she does with unknown dogs.  They seem to be becoming friends.  Pam took us down to Long Lake so she could toss sticks for her big lab, Abby.  Abby loves the water and Dhala even jumped in a few times herself.  Baby, looked at me with horror because she has no interest in even getting her feet wet.  That's always a great place for a 5 mile hike.



No comments:

Post a Comment