Tuesday, June 15, 2021

Landmark Gap Hike

 While driving the Denali Highway with Mark Simpson, we stopped at the trailhead to Landmark Gap Lake.  We didn't think we would hike the whole way, but once we got started, we just couldn't stop.  It was such a beautiful day and the trail is in really good condition.  I tried letting Baby off the leash for a while.  But when she took off running at full speed, I made the decision to put her back on the leash.  She gets a little too excited when she has freedom from her leash.  I wouldn't mind if she would immediately return when I call her.  But in this case, she just ran faster when I called her.  The lake is beautiful and well worth the hike.  It might even be worth pulling a kayak or canoe and exploring this wilderness lake. But the trail is almost 3 miles, and that's a long way to drag a boat.  My GPS only recorded 5.14 round trip.  So maybe the folks who gave 3 miles as the distance on the trailhead sign, didn't actually measure the distance. I've looked at this trail every time I've driven the Denali Highway.  It was great to actually hike it.



No comments:

Post a Comment