Saturday, June 19, 2021

Anchorage Mayor's Midnight Sun Marathon

 First big city marathon since last year in March when I ran the LA Marathon. I have run several other local ones, and a couple of virtual ones.  But this was a regular in person marathon.  I haven't been training or even running much, just lots of hiking.  But I felt pretty happy today, even though I was certainly slow.  There was an 8.5 hour time limit for my wave, and I beat that by a lot with my 7:10:22 time.  Not a time to be really proud of, but it was my first marathon since turning 75.  I did get first in my age group, of course I was the only one in that group.  The last 5 miles were hard for me, and my stomach was bothering me.  It rained most of the entire day. In a way that was kind of good because it kept things cool. I love the medal, it's really beautiful.






No comments:

Post a Comment