Monday, March 19, 2018

Snowy Run

I tried to force myself onto the treadmill but I just couldn't do it!  I had to get outside even though it was snowing and foggy.  I don't like to try to run around the lake if the visibility isn't good.  It's too dangerous because the trucks might not see me in time.  So I drove down the Dalton Highway and parked at the little road I often run in the summer.  It's a gravel access road that goes down to the Sagavanirktok River.  It's about 1/3 mile long and I like to run up and down it.  It gets me completely off the highway and out of everyone's way.  Of course now, it is not plowed, but it is quite windblown, and even the drifts are not very deep.  So I ran there today.  It was snowing and foggy and actually quite peaceful and silent.  I had to keep it to only 4 miles because I was out of time. I also ran in my snow boots.  They're pretty heavy but I think the weight makes it a better workout.  The best part of today's run was that I am in a much better mood now!




No comments:

Post a Comment