Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Around Colleen Lake

A wonderful 5 mile run along my favorite running route here in Prudhoe Bay.  This is my first time to run the route during the winter.  It always seemed to cold and scary.  But it's actually relatively warm at +18 degrees with only a 15 mph wind.  I did wear my warm parka but left it open when downwind, then zipped up tight while into the wind. My ice grippers fit my running shoes well, and my feet stayed warm with my ski socks.  I did get some odd looks from passing truckers and one even offered me a ride!

Running here in the Arctic conditions is valuable because I just registered for the Polar Bear Marathon in Churchill, Manitoba, Canada for lat November of this year.  It is guaranteed to be snowy and cold, very similar to here.


The Road
Colleen Lake




No comments:

Post a Comment