Sunday, March 4, 2018

On The Dalton Highway

I just couldn't face the treadmill today.  It was really a pretty nice day, 14 degrees, feels like 4.  I drove down the Haul Road intending to maybe go for a little walk.  But once I started walking, I started running. I ran 5 miles. It was really a great workout too because I was wearing my heavy snow boots and big parka.  But I stayed warm at least. The boots seem like a good idea. My feet stayed warm, no blisters, and I could tell it was a great additional leg workout because of the extra weight.  I think it is a good way to train for the Great Wall of China Marathon.  From now on, when the weather is at all tolerable, I'm going to head outside.  There was so little traffic that I had the entire road to myself. 



The view on my favorite side road

No comments:

Post a Comment