Saturday, January 11, 2014

Diamond Head

I'm in Hawaii now for the Maui Oceanfront Marathon.  But first I am spending a couple of days on Oahu to visit a couple of special places.  First I had to drive to the Byodo-in Buddhist temple.  It is a place that really touched me back in 1981 when I first came here.  So when I come to Hawaii I make a special point of paying a visit. It is so peaceful and magnificent with the beautiful backdrop of the mountains.  It poured rain part of the time that I was there, but that only added to the beauty and mystery of the place.

Byodo-In Temple
Then I went to Diamond Head and climbed the trail to the summit.  I have never seen so many steps in one place!  But it was really quite an easy trail. The view from the top of course was spectacular. Honolulu has grown so much since my first and second visits. It is quite a sprawling metropolis now.

Honolulu from the top of Diamond Head

No comments:

Post a Comment