Thursday, December 5, 2013

I'm In a 5 Mile Rut!

I ran another 5 miles on the treadmill.  I really did have time to run more but just stopped at 5 again.  I'm still experimenting with the barefoot running method and a little afraid to push it too far early on.  I got my new Nike shoes that I ordered when I thought it was my other shoes causing the slipping and sliding on the treadmill.  I really like them, but found that after 2 miles, I just had the urge to kick them off and go back to running shoeless.  The treadmill is still slippery but has improved a bit.  I would like to find some good running sandals because they seem like a better option for me than running completely barefoot across rocks and broken glass and other things that can show up along roads, trails, and bike trails.  But for now with only the treadmill as an option, just running in my socks seems really great.  I want to try for a barefoot marathon when I run the Eco Slow Marathon in Japan in April. It will be warm there and they give you 9 hours if you are inclined to poke along, which I will probably be without shoes.  By then I hope to find the running sandals of my dreams. 

I'm liking barefoot running.  But my new shoes are kind of cute and quite colorful.
My New Nikes

No comments:

Post a Comment