Sunday, December 1, 2013

Barefoot on the Treadmill

I have these great new running shoes, Hoka Bondi B's.  I love them and have been running at the Wasilla Sports Complex with them.  But today, they caught me by surprise when I had to run on the treadmill up here in Deadhorse today.  They have very smooth tread and they have almost no traction on the treadmill.  I had to give up and take them off and run in my socks for 5 miles.  It actually felt really good.  It is kind of a free feeling to run in your bare feet.  I can't imagine doing it in the snow or on a rough surface covered with rocks, or on a marathon like some people do. But on the treadmill it felt really nice.  I'm not sure if I will have a friend send me up my other running shoes or just keep running barefoot.

I just pretended I was a Tarahumara Indian of Mexico's Copper Canyon and that I was running freely through the Canyon floor unencumbered by white man's shoes. They are the ultimate of barefoot runners.

No comments:

Post a Comment