Thursday, September 28, 2023

Reflections Lake Paddle

 It hasn't rained for several days but is forecast to start raining again tomorrow. My lawn had so many leaves on it that in many places you couldn't even tell there was grass at all. Generally I prefer to just mow over the leaves and turn them to mulch rather that rake them up. But they were so dry and so thick that I decided it might be best to rake them up while they were still dry. It look a couple of hours but I raked them all up into piles out in the woods. I also used my leaf blower and cleaned most of them out of my rock garden. The trees still have a lot of leaves on them, and they were still falling as I raked. Now there will be a more reasonable amount for the next time I mow. After all that work I had to get out of the house. So I drove down to Reflections Lake and went for an hour long peaceful paddle all around the lake and into the marshy section beyond the foot bridge. It was just what I needed to unwind after the hard work. The fall colors are still not quite at peak, but they are a nice contrast to the now snow-covered peaks. It was dead calm and there were some nice reflections of the mountains on the water. I sure am enjoying my little Oru folding kayak.




No comments:

Post a Comment