Friday, July 7, 2023

Gold Cord Lake in Fog

 It's been raining and foggy at home all day but I just needed to get out of the house. I drove back up to Hatcher Pass again and hiked up to Gold Cord Lake. It wasn't raining but the clouds were swirling all around me. It was kind of peaceful, interesting and mysterious. I thought a lot about Baby again since she always loved this little hike. The ground squirrels were chirping at me, as if asking where she was. I'm sure they weren't wishing she was there to chase them back into their holes as she always did in the past. But perhaps they did notice she wasn't with me. We have been frequent visitors for the last three years. I found a nice big rock and sat there and meditated for quite a while. It was so peaceful and calming. The water that was not covered in ice was flat and reflecting the mountains and clouds that surrounded me. Its a restful place. 




No comments:

Post a Comment