Tuesday, July 25, 2023

Beyers Lake Paddle

 3.3 miles paddling around on Beyers Lake. I camped here last night after our hike on Curry Ridge. It was perfect with almost no one at the campground. I got the first open spot right by the cleanest restroom I've ever seen at a campground! When I first arrived I paddled about one mile but it was getting too windy so I stopped, but went out again late last night for a couple more hours until I hit wind once again. But this morning it was dead calm. I had locked my kayak at the boat launch so I didn't have to heft it up onto my car last night and pull it off when I got up this morning. I usually just paddle to the inlet creek when I come here, because it's very pleasant to paddle upstream for a while. But it was very buggy today and I wanted to try exploring in the other direction to the outlet creek. First, to escape the bugs, I paddled straight across the lake until I reached the far side. Then I just followed the shoreline until I got to the footbridge that crosses the outlet creek. It looked so pretty on the other side so I went under the bridge. I took a couple pictures with my phone and realized that this creek is very fast and I'd be wise to quickly turn around and paddle with everything I had, back under that bridge. Guess I won't try exploring that creek again. I worked my way back to the boat launch and headed back home. It was a lovely place to spend the early morning.







No comments:

Post a Comment