Wednesday, July 5, 2023

Gold Cord Lake Hike

 Just a short little hike up to Gold Cord Lake. This is one of my favorite spots. It was also one of Baby's favorite little hikes. She just loved bouncing over the rocks trying to catch all the little ground squirrels that loved to tease her. She never caught any, plus I never let her. She was always on her leash. I thought of her today as I hiked there for the first time since I lost her. I know she was traveling along with me, at least in my heart. I do like to think that her little spirit was running along with me too. Such a delightful little place. The lake is still mostly frozen, although there is some open water. The trail is mostly free of snow except for a couple of places that I could easily avoid. The muddy spots down low are just as muddy as ever. 




No comments:

Post a Comment