Sunday, May 8, 2022

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

Today was a lovely little hike of Eklutna Lakeside Trail with my friend Alice and Baby the dog.  Baby was really slow and stopping to sniff every few feet. I guess there are lots of new smells now that the snow is finally gone. The lake is now open and we even saw a canoe out there. But the lake is the lowest I've ever seen it. We walked about 3 miles out then needed to turn back because Alice had an afternoon commitment. On the way back it got very windy and Baby lost interest in walking at all.  I finally had to put her in the backpack and carry her back. She really doesn't like wind. It wasn't particularly cold though.  I think the frequent ATV's speeding by us were stirring up too much dust for her comfort. Alice was really happy to get back out there because she had not been there all winter.





No comments:

Post a Comment