Friday, May 27, 2022

Palmer-Moose Creek Rail Trail

 I've been so busy for the last couple of weeks, taking care of yard problems left over from winter, plus getting my gardens ready for summer.  I just need to take a walking or hiking break away from my house every day. Today after a quick trip to the gas station, Baby and I took a nice walk along the Palmer Rail Trail.  It's so green now compared to the snow covered trail we walked a couple of months ago. We just walked to the biggest washout then turned around.  The trail through the old slides are looking pretty nice compared to last summer. I did turn around but I could see that it isn't nearly as treacherous as it has sometimes been in the past.  It was so hot and I really needed to get back to my yard projects, so I didn't venture further. When I have more time, I want to walk the whole 6 miles and maybe just turn around and walk back unless I can find a partner to place a car at Moose Creek and make it a one way trip. It's so pleasant walking along the Matanuska River. Always a good place to relieve yard work stress.


No comments:

Post a Comment