Saturday, April 30, 2022

Valley Thaw Out Half Marathon

 I wondered how tired I would be running 13 miles after that exhausting Lazy Mountain climb yesterday. I found that tiredness was the least of my problems.  I felt fairly well the whole way and managed to run the entire course without any walking breaks, except to grab water at the three water stops.  But the wind was brutal. It was 45 degrees at the start and only warmed up to about 50.  But the wind must have been 30 to 40 miles per hour. It seemed like no matter which direction I was going, it was always in my face!  I was glad I wore a long sleeve shirt and a windbreaker.  Otherwise I would really have been too cold.  I was quickly in last place and remained there the entire way.  But I always expect that since almost every other runner had 30 to 40 years of youth on me. I was slow but finished feeling good. They ran out of finisher's medals so I will have to wait to get mine in the mail in a few weeks. But I was really happy that I was able to run the whole way, especially in those windy conditions. 


   

No comments:

Post a Comment