Tuesday, April 26, 2022

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

 I took a short hike at Eklutna today with my friend Mark.  I needed to get away from the pile of fallen trees I need to cut and split. A little 2 mile hike was just what I needed.  It was a beautiful day.  I also needed to have a look at the trail because my friend, Alice wants to hike there with me on Sunday.  I wasn't sure if it would still be snow-covered. I was happy to see, that at least for the first mile, it is mostly bare ground.  There were still a few small snow patches and some large puddles and a bit of mud, but nothing that was difficult to avoid. The lake is still mostly ice covered but it's looking very thin.  There is open water at the intake to the powerplant, so I sure don't think I would want to venture out onto it.  I think we will have open water in the next week or two, maybe sooner.  It's been getting quite warm and even hit 60 degrees in Palmer today.





No comments:

Post a Comment