Tuesday, March 15, 2022

Skiing Eklutna Lake

 Baby and I went back to Eklutna Lake. Only today, I wore my classic cross country skis instead of walking. It was pretty icy on the snowmachine track, but still possible to ski. Baby didn't want to walk at first so I had to carry her for the first mile, in my backpack. But once she saw another dog out there, she got very restless and I let her out to walk.  She really wanted to chase after that dog, but he was heading the wrong way. She was happy to follow behind me for the next three miles out on the lake. I found that off the snowmachine track, I was not even breaking through the icy crust on top of the snow. It turned out to be easy going. 

It's so beautiful out in the middle of the huge lake surrounded by untracked snow and snow covered mountains. I love how peaks you never see from the Lakeside Trail are now quite visible.  It's a lovely different perspective.

We turned around at 4 miles and Baby happily raced back to the car, making our return trip much faster. She's really tiny but she adds some momentum when she runs, which makes me ski a lot faster.






No comments:

Post a Comment