Tuesday, March 1, 2022

Eklutna Lakeside Trail

 I couldn't decide where I wanted to go today, but out of habit, I ended up at Eklutna Lake.  It's hard to go wrong up there.  It was a spectacular day with bright sunshine and hardly a cloud in the sky.  The lake no longer had open water or overflow sections like we saw on Saturday. Now it was flat ice with a skiff of snow.  I didn't go out there, although it did look pretty nice.  I even saw some people ice skating out there. I walked and ran with Baby to the Yuditnu cabin and back.  It was a great workout and welcome respite from listening to the bad news about the war in Ukraine.  That has been getting me very depressed. I just wish I could help but of course there is nothing I can do but watch in horror.  It's all so sad. When I spend time outside exercising, somehow I just feel so much better.  I think the fresh air washes away the sad.



No comments:

Post a Comment