Sunday, March 20, 2022

Parkway Ski Trail, Nancy Lake

 I've tried to use this trail several times in the past and it always has horrible conditions.  Today it was pretty rough for actual skiing, but I found it wasn't too bad for just walking.  For most of the way it was just one single snow machine track. Sometimes in the middle of the path, I would sink in above my ankles. But I found that if I stayed on the runners tracks, it was pretty firm.  Baby was able to run along the whole way.  It was very beautiful in a simple and peaceful way.  Just mounds of drifted untracked snow among green spruce trees. So silent too. It was calm and right around freezing, so not even very cold.  We hiked about 3 miles. I want to come back there one day after a fresh snowfall and follow the entire loop on skis.  It is in the All Trails app on my phone so even if there is no track, I can find my way by GPS.  There is some pink flagging and tiny flags on the trees marking the trail. Quite the lovely spot. 



No comments:

Post a Comment