Saturday, July 17, 2021

Twin Peaks Trail

 I think Twin Peaks Trail may be my favorite of all the trails I frequently hike. Today I went with the Walkabout hiking group. Several of us climbed up past the 2nd bench to the ridge above the lake for the spectacular view of Eklutna Lake.  Baby got a little tired on the way down and I actually had to carry her in my backpack.  I think it was just hotter than usual.  She does fine climbing but the heat does seem to bother her.  It was about 70 degrees.  But up on the ridge top it was breezy enough to still be comfortable. There is a lot of smoke in the air blowing over from Siberia due to wild fires burning over there.  There are also some fires in Alaska adding to the haziness.  Fortunately there wasn't a smoke smell to go along with it.  

It was a perfect day weather wise though.  Just beautiful and sunny.



No comments:

Post a Comment