Monday, July 26, 2021

Skyline Trail - Buffalo Mine Road

 Baby the chihuahua and I had a beautiful little hike up Skyline Trail, an ATV trail that comes off the end of Murphy Road at the Skybarite and Grecorieff intersection. We only had time to walk in about one mile because it was getting very late in the day.  But I would love to come back and follow this route all the way into the mountains of Hatcher Pass. I think I'd prefer to have a friend along because it was very desolate and the brush and fireweed were over my head, completely obscuring any view I might have of bears or moose that quite likely inhabit that area. It was kind of rough and muddy in places, like all ATV trails often are.  But I loved the views of the valley in the distance and the fields and fields of blooming fireweed.  I must go back again when I have more time.



No comments:

Post a Comment