Saturday, July 24, 2021

Settlers Bay Coastal Trail

 This little trail turned out to be quite an adventure.  Not the trail itself, but navigating to find it.  My GPS took me to the wrong Settlers Bay Park.  Then my phone GPS took me to a dead end that I later discovered was simply a future entrance to the park.  A woman walking her dogs told me that Settlers Bay Drive actually has two branches and I had apparently stayed on the wrong one.  Backtracking, I discovered another Settlers Bay Drive and it turned into a bumpy dirt road that eventually ended at the correct trailhead parking lot.  The little park is quite small but has a nice collection of very improved trails.  Baby, my friend Alice, and I walked the 2 mile loop.  It looked like it might pour rain any minute, but luckily for us, it did not.  The trail is dense forest with lots of lovely lupine in full bloom. This trail is the route for the AKtive Valley Trail Run for August and I just wanted to figure out how to get to it.  I'm happy that I figured out the unusual directions when I wasn't in any kind of a hurry.  Now I know how to get there. It's not quite complete, but will certainly be a nice little hiking and likely skiing park soon.





No comments:

Post a Comment