Friday, December 4, 2020

Archangel Road Ski

 It was a bitter cold day but so beautiful and sunny once I got above the low fog down in the valley.  But it was only 4 degrees when I started out along Archangel Road on my skis.  Baby, my tiny dog would have no parts of it and was pulling hard to return to the car. But I scooped her up and put her into my doggie backpack inside of the three layer fleece liner bag inside of it.  Along with the coat she was already wearing, I'm sure she stayed pretty comfortable.  The snow was perfect and I stayed warm myself in the new down jacket I bought yesterday.  I did need some hand warmers inside of my mittens though because my hands were pretty cold, especially after struggling to squeeze a wiggling dog into a bag.  It was beautiful and sunny at first, but since it was getting late in the day, I lost the sun before I decided to turn around at the bridge over the Little Susitna River.  Sunset is at 3:35pm and it was after 4 by the time I got back to the car. But it was still light even though, technically the sun was down.  Now it was -1 degree Fahrenheit. Baby and I were both glad to be back in the car with the heater on. That 5 mile route is one of my favorite cross country ski treks.  It's always nicely groomed, not too crowded, not too steep, and always gorgeous.



No comments:

Post a Comment