Wednesday, December 23, 2020

Cross Country Ski on Eklutna Lakeside Trail

 The new snow was wonderful for skiing.  It was fairly warm too, so very pleasant. After the first mile, Baby, my little dog, got cold and I ended up putting her into my doggie backpack until it was time to turn around. Once she realized I was heading back, she started to squirm.  That's how she indicates that she's ready to get out and walk back.  She may have been partly inspired by a dog team that went racing by us.  I think the musher would have laughed to see a person skijoring with a chihuahua.  But she actually did really well.  She pulled so hard that I had to really push to keep up with her. She was giving me a bit of an assist also.  She ran all the way back to the car.  It's much nicer having a dog pull versus carrying an 8 pound dog on your back.



No comments:

Post a Comment