Wednesday, December 16, 2020

Archangel Road Ski

 It snowed here all night so I figured the skiing must be nice somewhere.  So Baby and I went up to Archangel Road to try the skiing.  She enjoyed watching me fight with my ski binding, which didn't seem to want to attach to my boot.  It was just a bunch of ice crammed into the bar on my boot.  I finally got my skis on.  Baby ran along for a while, but very soon decided she'd had enough and started heading back to the car.  It was such perfect snow and wonderful conditions that I didn't want to turn back.  So I tucked her into my backpack and she got to ride.  After some time, she started to squirm and let out a few squeals.  So I let her out. Now I was ready to turn back myself because daylight was fading fast. She ran all the way back, except for an encounter with another skier and a dog.  We had to deal with the usual dog argument, but we finally got past them.  They didn't go very far and ended up passing us heading back.  Baby started another argument but I managed to get her under control and headed in the right direction.  Once they passed us up, all was fine and she ran straight ahead all the way back to the car.  The conditions were perfect.  It was still snowing a little but not reducing the visibility at all.









No comments:

Post a Comment