Wednesday, December 9, 2020

Eklutna Lakeside Trail Hike

 Spectacular 6 mile hike at Eklutna Lake.  There is hardly any snow on the trail, not really enough to ski.  Only about an inch or two with a solid ice layer beneath it.  So I walked in my snow boots with my ice spikes.  Baby was doing great and I even let her off the leash for a while. But about one mile in she started climbing up my leg, her way of begging to be carried. So I put her in my backpack and she rode most of the way. She started squirming about a half mile from the car, so I let her out and she walked back to the start. The lighting was gorgeous today, with blue skies and dead calm water.  There are no signs of freeze up on the lake yet. The conditions made for amazing reflections. Plus the sky was already starting to have some hints of sunset with some pink and orange in the clouds. We got back to the car right at sunset, shortly after 3:30 pm.
















No comments:

Post a Comment