Saturday, August 24, 2019

Center of the Nation Day 6

Finally the last day.  I did some minor surgery, not on my foot, but on my shoe.  I cut a big chunk out of  my left shoe and my little toe was extremely happy and I ran most of today without pain.  It was quite a bit cooler with a nice breeze most of the day.  Between the cooler temperature and the lack of pain, I trimmed at least one hour off each of the other days.  I was still much slower than I ever want to be for a marathon, but at least I was a lot faster than the rest of this week.  Today we ran in Baker, Montana in a nice park once again by a lake.  I'll now be off to Green River, 500 miles to the west, to see about my camper.  I suspect I won't be driving it home. I may even be flying home and coming back when it is repaired.


The final medal with all 6 states

No comments:

Post a Comment