Wednesday, August 21, 2019

Center of the Nation Day 3

This was the race that inspired me to sign up for this Center of the Nation Series.  When I registered, I still needed Wyoming to complete my goal of running a marathon in all 50 states. But I actually reached that goal on Saturday with Run with the Horses, so now I'm just running this series for the enjoyment of running with my Mainly Marathons Friends.

I was glad I had run Wyoming already because I was feeling really badly when I started this race.  There were many times when I was so tired and sore that I considered dropping down to the half marathon.  But I did manage to struggle through to the end.  It was hot again like the previous days.  Plus the pain in my ankle was getting worse.  I even managed to get a blister on the side of my left foot.  That is something that very rarely happens.  I'm starting to have bad feelings about my current running shoes.  I can tell I'm feeling some stress wondering when I will get my camper back.

It was very foggy in the early morning, but once the fog was gone, the heat came back.


No comments:

Post a Comment