Thursday, August 22, 2019

Center of the Nation Day 4

Today we ran in Belle Fourche, South Dakota.  It was pretty today, running along the shore of a lake.  But like the other days, still pretty hot with almost no shade.  It seems like trees are rare in this part of the world.  I had to toss out the gaiters and take the laces out of the top holes of my left shoe to cut down on the pain in my ankle.  I was still mostly plodding along, running as much as I could but still walking quite a bit.  I'm getting tired, probably from the heat as much as from the running itself. The good part is the awesome people I'm with.  The folks who regularly run with Mainly Marathons are a very special bunch of people.  I'm always so happy to see them.  I do get tired from the back to back days, but I keep coming back because I just love their company.


No comments:

Post a Comment