Monday, August 19, 2019

Center of the Nation Day 1

I started out pretty tired this morning.  I'm still worn out from the 3000 mile drive from Alaska, and the 350 mile drive to Sterling Colorado after the Run With The Horses Marathon.  Today is the first day of the Mainly Marathons Center of the Nation Series.  It was very hot all day, with a final temperature of 97 degrees.  It seemed like there was no way to feel hydrated enough to be comfortable.  I had hoped to be able to push myself for some speed on this set of races, but I can see with these hot temperatures, I'll be happy to just finish. I did more walking than running but did finally finish.  The course was somewhat hilly and the surface was a very fine gravel that was similar to sand.  Not the easiest running surface.

But we did have a beautiful sunrise!






No comments:

Post a Comment