Thursday, January 18, 2018

Aloha Series Day 1

Well here I am in beautiful and warm Hawaii.  This is the first of the 4 marathons in the Mainly Marathons Aloha Series.  Last night we had an amazing luau at the Smith Family Paradise Resort. Our Marathon Globetrotters had our own table and a reduced rate for the luau because Kamika Smith is one of the runners for this series.  Today's run was on the grounds with 16 loops back and forth among the beautiful gardens.  I ran the whole way with my friend from Indonesia, Revi. We met at the Da Nang Marathon in Viet Nam last year.  We run about the same speed so we had a great time urging each other on.  I was very slow, partly because I had a second surgery on my arm less than two weeks ago.  I got my stitches out two days ago.  I haven't done much since late December so I wasn't expecting to break any speed records.  It was warm but not overly hot.  Still a lot hotter than back home in Alaska.


No comments:

Post a Comment