Friday, January 26, 2018

Archangel Valley

I'm rested up and recovered from my wonderful trip to Hawaii, and back in Alaska.  It has been freezing cold and horrendously windy ever since my plane landed in Anchorage. I really don't see a good place to attempt to go running outdoors right now.  So I've decided to do my training on cross country skis.  I was pleasantly surprised to find that there was no wind at all up at Archangel Valley in the Hatcher Pass area.  It was blowing between 50 and 70 miles per hour down in Palmer.  But clear and sunny up in the mountains.  I has a grand ski workout up there. It was a beautiful day for photography in general as well.  I will likely stick to skiing until I have to fly to Austin, Texas in a couple of weeks for the Austin Marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment