Saturday, January 27, 2018

Freezing Cold at Eklutna Lake

It was incredibly gorgeous up here today at Eklutna Lake.  But the sun doesn't hit the trail at all at this time of year.  I'm sure it was well below zero.  At first I skied about one mile in then realized I was simply too cold to continue.  So I skied back to my car and put a pair of the Hot Hands hand warmers into my boots because my toes were frozen.  I felt a bit better so started out again.  By the time I got to Yuditnu Creek I was pretty much frozen from head to toe in spite of the hand warmers in both my boots and my gloves, so I turned around and headed back.  It was beautiful and a great workout, but I was really glad to be reunited with my car heater.  I may want to wait for warmer days before I go back there. It was really spectacular though because the trees still have snow on them. Apparently the strong winds down below haven't reached the area yet.


No comments:

Post a Comment