Sunday, March 23, 2014

Finally Back

I have been dealing with serious foot pain and major swelling for about 2 weeks.  I do still have slight stiffness in my right toe joints, but decided it was time to give running another try.  I just ran a short 3 miles but it felt great.  I didn't have any pain. So I am hoping that later tonight my foot doesn't swell to the size of a basketball.  I have a feeling it is healed now and that won't happen.  Up here in Deadhorse I really need my daily run for stress relief.  There isn't much to do here, and it is easy to just lay around and get bored.  But I feel so much better now!

Looking forward to next month and the Eco Slow Marathon in Japan followed by the 88 Temple Pilgrimage in Shikoku, Japan then, the Rock 'n' Roll Liverpool Marathon. With all of that on my agenda for April and May, the last thing I needed was an annoying foot injury.  I think I am back in business.  It feels great!

No comments:

Post a Comment