Monday, July 23, 2012

Walt Disney World Marathon

It's official.  I am now signed up to run the Walt Disney World Marathon with Team In Training in January of 2013.  In addition to the marathon itself, I am also planning to climb Mt Kilimanjaro in Africa as my primary endurance event.  The website address will be the same as before http://www.race4cancer.org/ but I just set up the URL forwarding tonight and at the moment it is still going to my Madrid website.  I hope to have that fixed soon.

I love to travel and I love to run in these events, but they mean so much more to me if while I am training for them, I am working towards something much bigger than myself.  The goal of finding that cure for cancer means a lot more than improving my race time or reaching the summit of the next mountain.

So it will be me against the mountain along with a lot of Disney characters for the next few months!

No comments:

Post a Comment