Friday, July 20, 2012

Twin Peaks

I'm not getting in the hiking I had hoped for this summer.  Mostly due to bad weather, household chores, and lack of friends to hike with.  I don't like going on fairly remote hikes alone.  But today I decided to hike the Twin Peaks Trail.  When I got to the end of the improved trail I went all the way to the top then took the long narrow steep trail back down to the first overlook.  I had forgotten how steep and treacherous that trail was.  But as long as I went slowly and took care not to fall, it was still pretty nice.  It started to rain while I was heading down and I worried about my camera because I didn't plan on rain.  I took the lens off and managed to stuff both parts into my hydration pack.  It was not raining hard so the camera survived the trip.  I need to keep the possibility of rain always in my mind when I have my camera along.

It was gorgeous in spite of the overcast conditions.  My sore ribs were very sore when I got down though.  I don't know if running and hiking are helping or making that problem worse.

I took some photos of the trail along the way.



The Lupine were in full bloom everywhere.
I hope I am able to do the Alaska Men's Run in the morning with the sore ribs! 


No comments:

Post a Comment