Saturday, July 28, 2012

Biking Eklutna Lakeside Trail

Today's workout was on the Eklutna Lakeside Trail.  I went with the Walkabouts group, Richard, Marti, Lyn, Cary and me.  We biked to the airstrip at the far end of the lake.  About 10 miles each way.  I had forgotten how rough and rocky that trail is.  A true mountain bike trail.  I managed to fall off my bike when I got too close to the edge trying to stop for some bikers coming the other way. But no serious damage to me or the bike.  Today's ride was a good complement to yesterday's Pioneer Ridge hike.  Of course the view and scenery were wonderful as usual, even though the clouds were quickly moving in.  Rain is on the way.

Bold Creek as it enters Eklutna Lake

Eklutna Lake reflecting the gray clouds

Cross training to be ready for


No comments:

Post a Comment