Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Indoors Today

I drove down the road intending to do an outdoor run.  But when I stepped out of the car and got hit by that icy blast, I quickly changed my mind.  Back to the Prudhoe Bay Hotel, and the treadmill.  This was my first time to use the Nike+ with GPS on the treadmill.  I wondered how in the world it could actually track your distance accurately while on a treadmill.  I found that it didn't do a very good job.  But on the treadmill, I can keep track of my actual distance, then the Nike app asks to calibrate to the actual distance.  So, it was accurate in the end.  I only ran 4 miles, but ran faster than I have been lately.  In some ways, the treadmill pushes me more than I am able to do outdoors.  With the current weather conditions, I may use it a lot for the next couple of weeks until I go back home.

Snowing today - the first day of fall!

No comments:

Post a Comment