Saturday, March 9, 2024

Gold Mint Trail

It's a beautiful day for a walk in the mountains. Bella is still supposed to take it easy as her mouth continues to heal after so many tooth extractions. But she insists on getting out of the house. So we did a fairly slow flat walk in the snow up on the Gold Mint Trail, 4 miles round trip. It is such a spectacular place any time of year. But I think I love winter best. Everything is so pristine and clean looking covered in snow. It wasn't very cold so I was almost too warm some of the time. We only encountered a couple of other hikers. One couple had a big dog in a sled that they were pulling. Bella went crazy barking and I had to pick her up. She thinks it's necessary to bark her head off anytime she sees another dog. Dogs can be so silly! I love this trail and I plan to hike to the end of it and camp in or near the mountain hut on the glacier at 9 miles in. I can never find anyone willing to do that backpack trip with me so have decided to simply do it by myself. I'm sure in summer I won't be the only one on the trail. Bella will be a good hiking companion even if she gets tired and needs to be carried. 





No comments:

Post a Comment