Friday, March 22, 2024

Gold Mint Trail Hike

 I wanted to do a short hike today with Pam and our dogs. Bella had another surgery on Tuesday and is not supposed to run, jump or do long hikes. We have been doing short walks up and down the road with her on her leash. Gold Mint Trail is pretty flat so I figured if I kept her calm we could do a short hike there. She walked about half a mile then seemed tired. So I put her in my doggie backpack and comfortably carried her the rest of our 4 mile hike. She stayed nice and warm inside the fleece bag I made for the inside of that backpack. I think she was quite comfortable and enjoyed it a lot more than staying home. It was pretty warm, about 35 degrees yet it was still snowing lightly most of the way. We turned back at mile two because there the trail gets kind of rough and Pam didn't have enough time to go much farther anyway. I'm looking forward to a week from Tuesday when Bella gets her stitches out and we can resume our normal hiking schedule. But for the next week and a half we will either take it easy or she will be my backpack rider. Even though it is now technically spring, there is still so much snow that spring looks pretty far away. At least we have longer days now.




No comments:

Post a Comment