Sunday, November 5, 2023

Reflections Lake

 It's been snowing everywhere all night and this morning. I didn't want to spend too much time out on the roads in these conditions. But I had to get out of the house. I walked around Reflections Lake, as I always used to do with Baby. I always feel kind of sad out there remembering how it was almost a daily thing when she was here with me. I always feel like her essence is all over that trail. I always considered it to be her favorite place. She got so excited when she realized I was getting off the highway at the Knik River Access off ramp that leads to the lake. There was some snow on the ground but it was barely snowing there. The lake is partially iced over but I could still see areas of open water. It isn't time to be venturing out onto the lake itself. But the trail was pleasant. I didn't climb up the tower because the entire area was fogged in due to the snowstorm. I took some pictures from the bridge and on the area that goes along the Knik River. It is always beautiful there. even if the weather conditions are not.



Knik River

Knik River

No comments:

Post a Comment