Friday, November 3, 2023

Gold Mint Trail

I had lots of other things to do today but still wanted to get in a little bit of outdoor mountain time. I drove up to Hatcher Pass to check out the conditions. It was foggy and not very inviting since it was actually raining. So I went down and hiked just a couple miles on the Gold Mint Trail. It was still kind of a misty rain but not too bad. The trail was dry until a little past the first mile. Then I encountered glare ice. I wasn't expecting that so didn't even bring my pack or my grippers. Once the trail was too icy to continue, I turned back. Things are not terribly scenic right now because there isn't much snow and things are kind of brown and dreary. I thought the ice formations on the creek were interesting though. 


No comments:

Post a Comment