Thursday, November 2, 2023

Blueberry Knoll Climb

It's kind of overcast and dreary but I felt the need to hike uphill somewhere. I figured I would just put on my hiking boots and drive down the hill and see where the mountains looked the best. Government Peak and Hatcher Pass looked a lot more inviting than the Chugach Range, so I decided to go for Blueberry Knoll. I really didn't have time to climb all of Government Peak because I got a very late start just heading out the door. But Blueberry Knoll is a nice steep 4 miles round trip, but so far it isn't covered with snow yet. Happily the ground was frozen and I didn't need to deal with tons of slippery mud, which this trail can be famous for. It was a perfect day to head up there by myself and simply enjoy the view. 




No comments:

Post a Comment