Thursday, January 12, 2023

Bodenburg Butte Climb

 Baby and I climbed the Butte today. It was a de-stress hike. I haven't done enough hiking lately so had to get out and climb to get the cobwebs out of my brain. It was a perfect day for it too. Not too cold, around 30 degrees, almost no wind, cloudy but with sun on the peaks. The trail is very hard compacted snow, but not too icy. I definitely needed my microspikes though. Baby seemed to really enjoy herself and happily tried as hard as she could to pull me off my feet in both directions. But I managed to stay upright. Just before we got back to the parking lot she started barking at a moose standing in the trail as we rounded a bend. Her barking sent it scrambling down into the trees. We passed by without getting into moose trouble. I love winter hikes.





No comments:

Post a Comment