Thursday, January 19, 2023

A Little Hike on Gold Mint Trail

 It was nice and warm, about 35 degrees so Baby and I went for a short walk up the Gold Mint Trail. She kept acting like she wanted to go back, but then she would take off forward in a dead sprint. It was kind of icy and I was just wearing my snow boots without ice grippers, so I was hoping she didn't pull me over into a snowbank. After about a mile she suddenly started barking, and I never saw anything. Our car had been the only one in the parking lot, so I was a little worried that there might be a moose nearby. By I think she was just ready to head back. So we did. Just before reaching the car we met another hiker with a big dog. Baby did her usual barking tirade and made me feel like a fool as the other dog sat obediently and waited for us to pass by. I haven't been very good at teaching this old dog new tricks. Oh well, it was very beautiful as always, on this trail.




No comments:

Post a Comment