Tuesday, January 17, 2023

Archangel Road Ski

 I took Baby and we tried skate skiing on Archangel Road. Baby wasn't having any of it. She came to an abrupt stop, signaling Nope! I had to put her in my backpack then continued up the trail. It was very hard packed, but not really icy. I found it very difficult to skate with the little load on my back. But we eventually made it to the end of the groomed area. Once I turned around, I gave Baby another chance at walking. She was all excited about traveling in that direction. With her assisting, I was much more able to both move, and skate. The road is sightly downhill on the whole way back, so a lot of the time I was able to just straight run down the hill. We did have an interesting encounter one a steeper section when another skier heading up the hill with a dog passed by. In her usual fashion, Baby had to start barking and go after the other dog. I was moving a little too fast to come to an abrupt stop so simply yelled NO, loudly. I couldn't see what actually transpired behind me, but in an instant, she was once again running in front of me, and I didn't end up in a pile on the ground. I think she realized quickly that she would be sliding on her back pulled by the leash if she continued pursuit of the other dog. She ran all the way back to the car and it was a lot of fun. 



No comments:

Post a Comment