Monday, February 14, 2022

Rabbit Slough Ski

 Nice little 2 mile ski today on Rabbit Slough. I spent the last couple of weekends downhill skiing at Skeetawk, so haven't been out hiking or cross country skiing very much. I really just wanted to check out Rabbit Slough to see if it looked good for skiing.  It was wonderful! The snow was very wet which made it very fast and slippery.  The slough is really just a long winding creek that goes all the way to the inlet. I want to go all the way later this week if the weather cooperates.  It's supposed to snow heavily most of the week though, so that may have to happen next week instead.  I think it would be possible to get lost out there once you get out towards the inlet away from the trees and brush.  I skied with my friend, Mark today. I'm glad we came back when we did because a huge storm moved in about one hour later.  

I'm looking forward to going back and going further next time.

 





No comments:

Post a Comment